Thursday, August 16, 2012

Harrison Bergeron Magazine Interview with George


Homework:  Students are magazine writers who have an opportunity to interview any story character from "Harrison Bergeron".  Students need to create a list of 8 to 10 questions they would like to ask their characters.  They then need to answer the questions and post this on the blog.

Interview: George Bergeron

1)
Interviewer: How did you react to your son’s jailing?
George: I keep forgetting that that boy got jailed. I guess every father would be a little bit disappointed if his son got arrested. *winces*

2)
I: Do you think this equality act is fair?
G: I don’t have much time to think about it. It was started when I was a baby, so I guess I’m used to it. My father told me of a wonderful time before the act, when free thinking was first being suppressed. Ow!

3)
I: So what do you do for fun?
G: Fun? I’m not sure we really do anything fun. I live with my wife and my son is in prison. We watch TV. *winces again*

4)
I: TV, huh? Have you seen anything good recently?
G: Well, sometime I saw a program on ballerinas. They would have been better without the handicaps. But then something happened and my wife told me it was really sad. Ouch! I just don’t remember.

5)
I: Well, I think she saw your son’s murder.
G: Murder? No, it couldn’t be. He’s only in jail. He wouldn’t do anything that risky. He’s innocent. Unless he broke out. 

6)
I: So you don’t think he was plotting against the government?
G: Oh heavens no. He’s merely a child and he wouldn’t ever do anything to hurt anyone.

7)
I:  If you had to choose, which handicap would you get rid of: your hearing one or the weights?
G: I’d take off the hearing one. It’s just too loud. The weights I can handle but the hearing one is horrible. Ouch!

8)
I: Have you ever taken off your handicaps, even if it was just for a few minutes?
G: I could never take off my handicaps. The punishment for it is too much.

9)
I: So you would never rebel against the government?
G: I’ve thought about it before, like when the bags seemed extra heavy and the noises got even louder. But these thoughts are always stopped because of the noises. Ow! That was a doozy. Who are you?

GAAH! Don't hate me Fielding!

1 comment:

  1. Actually - this is an interesting character to interview. I mean with the constant headaches he must get that cause him to forget things.

    ReplyDelete